On Monday, December 14, 2009 Senator Wyden held a briefing with leading experts on the issue of human sex trafficking to inform Congressional staff and media on the issue as he works to develop legislation. The legislation focuses on providing resources and training for law enforcement, providing shelters, counseling, legal services and educational assistance for victims, working with communities to raise awareness on how to deter sex trafficking, rehabilitating the johns who engage in prostitution and finally strengthening reporting requirements for missing children, especially those who runaway repeatedly and are at the greatest risk of being lured into prostitution.
- Ambassador Luis CdeBaca, Director of the Office to Monitor and Combat Trafficking in Persons at the State Department, and Chair of the inter-agency human trafficking Senior Policy Operating Group
- Libby Spears, filmmaker Director of Playground documentary film on sex trafficking
- Rachel Lloyd, Executive Director, Girls Educational and Mentoring Services
- Bradley Myles, Deputy Director, Polaris Project
- Sgt. Byron Fassett, Dallas Police Department, High Risk Victims and Trafficking squad
- Dave Johnson, FBI Section Chief, Violent Crimes Section, Innocence Lost project