It’s 2010 and we’re excited to add T-shirts to our collection of items made by survivors of human trafficking! As you may know, we currently sell awesome jute totes from Freeset in Kolkata, India. We’ll be adding some great new tote bag designs to our website by the end of January but we are also thrilled that Freeset is now making fair trade, organic cotton t-shirts. A Freeset tee sustainably pulls people out of poverty, children and pesticides out of fields, and women out of the sex trade - what a deal!
There’s just one catch - we need some designs! And we’d like the designs to reflect our vision. At Stop Traffick Fashion we have 3 goals:
- Support the victims and survivors of human trafficking
- Support the organizations who are rescuing and providing rehabilitation for victims
- Raise awareness about human trafficking
Think hope. Think change. Think restoration. Think about a design that will get people’s attention and allow you to tell them about Stop Traffick Fashion and the 27 million slaves around the world. You can read more about our vision here.
The design should fit the following specifications:
- 1-3 colors on front (and back if desired)
- Black, White, Brown, Blue or Green T-shirt Background (see swatches below)
- Female or Unisex design
- PDF and PNG files
We’ll be choosing 1-2 designs to be printed and sold on Stop Traffick Fashion. The winner will receive 1 free T-shirt, a $25 gift certificate for Equal Exchange, plus the knowledge that you’re helping us spread the word about human trafficking and making a difference in the lives of survivors around the world! January is National Human Trafficking Awareness month (more on this later) so what a great way to contribute.
- Designs are due by February 1, 2010
- Email your submission to email@example.com
- Please provide your email address and phone number so we can contact you!
- If your design is chosen the final version will be owned by Stop Traffick Fashion
- If you have any questions you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org