Case ManagerEducation: Bachelor (BA, BS, etc.)
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Job Category: Direct social services
Last day to apply: November 24, 2009
Type: Full time Language(s): English, Spanish
Area of Focus: Human Rights and Civil Liberties
Ayuda is the DC area’s leading source of multilingual legal and social service assistance for low-income immigrants in the areas of immigration, human trafficking, domestic violence and family law. Ayuda is expanding social services to its Sterling, VA office and is seeking a Case Manager to join the Social Services Department. This position will provide comprehensive case management to immigrant survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault and human trafficking and conduct community outreach and trainings. The position will be based in Sterling, VA.
• Conduct client intakes and safety planning, assess client needs, and develop individualized social service plans
• Provide comprehensive case management and crisis intervention to include culturally and linguistically appropriate referrals for housing, medical and mental health care, English classes, employment, etc.
• Coordinate and accompany clients to appointments as needed
• Collaborate with Ayuda’s Legal department to provide holistic services to clients
• Maintain client case files
• Conduct outreach and trainings to providers and community members and collaborate with project partners
• Other related duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree required, BSW or MSW preferred. Experience in case management and/or providing direct services to domestic violence clients and/or survivors of trauma is required. Demonstrated sensitivity to and knowledge of issues involved in working with diverse populations. Strong commitment to serving, empowering, and advocating on behalf of Ayuda’s low-income immigrant client base. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to work independently and part of a diverse multidisciplinary team. Required Bilingual in English and Spanish. Competitive salary and excellent benefits.